• This will be our biggest ecommerce marketing campaign to date
• It starts at the end of June and will run for 10 weeks.
• The campaign will start outside London and extend into the capital during July and August. The agreement with Ocado that restricts our rollout and marketing in London expires on 1 July.
• The campaign is built around our new "We shop like you shop" proposition. This aims to highlight the high level of service that customers receive from Waitrose Partners - things like being able to specify that you'd like the ham sliced thickly, you need 10 lamb cutlets for your dinner party recipe, the peaches must be really ripe or you just want one lemon, not a whole bag full.
Robin Phillips, Waitrose Director Ecommerce, said: "Our research shows that customer service is of paramount importance to our online shoppers. Our new campaign highlights that through our Partners, customers receive the quality and value they enjoy from shopping at Waitrose with the added convenience and service provided online. It is underpinned by a new strapline for Waitrose.com - 'We shop like you shop' - showing how shopping online with us is every bit as good as doing it yourself."
The campaign also highlights that Waitrose.com does not charge for delivery
• As part of the emphasis on service, the creative features photography of real Partners, who work across every area of the ecommerce business
• We'll start putting the creative onto our delivery vans - rolling this out from July.
• The campaign consists of direct mail, emails, door drops, online display advertising and POS in branches.
• We currently have over 150 branches offering Waitrose.com. They cover 96% of the Waitrose estate outside of the M25.
• We are currently offering Waitrose.com from 16 branches in London and will have full coverage in London by mid-August. We've also announced the opening of a "virtual shop" in Acton this autumn to service the wider London market
• The Waitrose multichannel offer includes, as well as groceries from Waitrose.com, click and collect, wine, flowers and gift ordering, Home Direct and Waitrose Entertaining.